Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hike : Sat 12th March 2011 : London Loop from Croydon to Coulsdon Rail Station (again!) : 21 km

Croydon, Forestdale, Selsdon Wood, Warlingham, Riddlesdown, Whyteleaf,  Kenley, Kenley Aerodrome, OLd Coulsdon, Coulsdon Common, Happy Valley, Farthing Downs, Coulsdon

Well there's limit to the number of places you can hike without having to break out the car or have someone pick you up and this was a nice walk last week so I thought I'd do it again! The miles flew by. I think I'm getting there. But my feet were still sore!

Anyways, here's a few more photos from the route. Spring is slowly arriving!


Here's the path into the public section of Coombe Woods.

Spring arriving!



Not very impressive right now but the bluebells are on their way!


Hamsey Green is a tiny little intersection with a pretty green.


Kenley Aerodrome is an active airfield where lots of gliders fly from Surrey Hills Gliding School

The Fox Inn where if you have the time and fancy ending the walk, you can have a drink and a great lunch.

And the inside of Coulsdon South Railway Station. Don't bother asking for much help here! She did! She didn't get far!

1 comment:

  1. So Si, I've been through all the pics, you're really quite good with a camera aren't you?! Is it really just you and I on this trip, you doing the walk and me encouraging you from afar? Where are all your followers on here? Anyway my darling, not long now, keep up the good work in training.

    ReplyDelete